UBC Challengers' Registration
Are you interested in playing in the UBC in 2020?
There will be a one-day, action-packed qualifying event prior to each Ultimate Bowls Championship (UBC) event in 2020. This gives anyone the opportunity to play in a competition under the same rules and format as the UBC (as seen on TV!). The winning team from each qualifying event will gain entry into the prestigious field for the main UBC event later in the week at the same venue.
UBC Qualifying Event One – Tuesday March 31st 2020
Deer Park Club
A: 780 Ballarat Road, Deer Park, VIC 3023 (approx. 15 min drive from Melbourne Airport)
P: (03) 9363 1030
REGISTRATIONS OPEN NOW
UBC Qualifying Event Two – Tuesday August 11th 2020 at the Warilla Bowls & Recreation Club - Registrations open April 2020
UBC Qualifying Event Three – Tuesday December 8th 2020 at the Moama Bowling Club - Registrations open August 2020
The field size is limited to the first 24 teams to enter. This is on a first in, first served basis. The UBC event management team will randomly draw three sections of eight teams, which will give every team the opportunity to play a minimum of seven matches during the event. The top two from each section and the next best two overall will proceed to the knock-out quarterfinals. The event will be a full day affair (early start and late finish).
1st prize is entry into the UBC main event which is commencing two days later that the same venue.
Note: the format is subject to change depending on final team entry numbers.
How to enter:
Bowlers from anywhere in the world are eligible to enter our UBC Qualifying competition. All you need to do is find two other players and submit your team entry below.
The team entry fee per event in 2020 is $630 AUD incl GST ($210 per player).
Should you wish to play but cannot organise a team, get in touch as we can assist in matching you up with other interested players.
The incredible benefits:
- Bowlers who enter these UBC Qualifying competitions get to feel what it is like to compete in an exciting tournament using the UBC scoring system and technology- screens, tablets, automatic ladder/points tables and results will all be in play.
- This full UBC experience includes use of the blue and orange coloured UBC pool bowls on the same rinks as the main event.
- All teams will be provided a detailed document outlining the performance statistics of their team and individual players, number of touchers scored, lead shots, conversions etc.
- Lunch will be provided at the club for all players.
- The lucky team who is victorious will qualify and play in the main UBC event as the UBC CHALLENGERS team against some of the world’s best players two days later.
- The UBC Challengers’ team is playing for their players’ share of the record prizemoney on offer in the main event.
- All participating UBC Qualifier teams will be invited to attend the official UBC opening evening prior to the main event (Wednesday evening). Some food and drinks will be provided, plus you will be able to meet and mingle with some of the stars of our sport!